Friday, February 14, 2014

sharing

Friday, February 14, 2014 (6:23 a.m.)
Holy Father God,

I love You. Today's date is best known for sharing symbols of love. I'm asking You to share with me that which You would have me share with others.

Isaiah 58:7, “What I'm interested in seeing you do is: sharing your food with the hungry, inviting the homeless poor into your homes, putting clothes on the shivering ill-clad, being available to your own families.”

I'm confessing to You right now, I don't share well. You know that. You see my desire. You know my heart. I feel Your promptings and still I hold back. “Might get hurt.” Taken advantage of. “Burned.” It's all happened before. The guard is up. Heart hardened.

This is definitely not the fluff I was planning to offer You today. Lacy hearts, flowery words. No, no. You truly took me at my request. “Share with others.” Ack! Blessed Father, teach me how.

Philippians 2:1, “Is there any such thing as Christians cheering each other up? Do you love me [Paul] enough to want to help me? Does it mean anything to you that we are brothers in the Lord, sharing the same Spirit? Are your hearts tender and sympathetic at all?”

And again, tears! Filling my eyes. Choking my throat. I recognize fear Father. Fear of doing it wrong. I've made so many mistakes through the years. Gone on ahead of You. Determined in my own mind and heart what needed to be done.

Now I sit. Waiting. Asking. Yes Father, I am asking You. On this day of sharing symbols of love, teach me to truly share! Honestly. Openly. Willingly.

Isaiah 58:8, “Do this [learn to love and serve in healthy ways] and the lights will turn on, and your lives will turn around at once. Your righteousness will pave your way. The God of glory will secure your passage. Then when you pray God will answer. You'll call out for help and I'll say, 'Here I am.'”

“Help, Father!” Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(341 words ~ 7:46 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment