Saturday, February 8, 2014

The Hope

Saturday, February 8, 2014 (7:17 a.m.)
Most Holy Father God,

I love You! You keep working in us. The results are evident and we are grateful.
(8:28 a.m.)

Mm. Grateful. Why? Because of the hope You gave us in Jesus. We get to trust. Believe. Have faith. Believe, there's that word again. It continues striking its chord within me. I smile. Relax. Breathe slower and deeper when I consider what it is I believe.

I believe Your Word. I believe Your promises. Why? Because of the hope You have given us in Your Son. I believe because I choose to. And even this is not something I do on my own. You provide the desire. The thought process that brings me back to devouring Your Word and the promises found therein.

This morning it was back to Colossians where I had planned to focus on chapter 2, verse 7. Instead, it's verse 23 of the first chapter that has my attention.

The Worldwide English (New Testament) interprets Paul's words to the believers at Colosse as being, “But you must keep on believing and stand strong and true. Let nothing shake the hope which the good news brought you. You heard the same good news as is told to everyone in the whole world. I, Paul, was given the work of telling that same good news.”

That same good news that gives us hope every single day. That good news that never changes. That good news that reminds us that Jesus is our only real source of power in our lives. That Good News that is Jesus.

Thank You Father for ALL the work You are doing in and with and for us. Enable and empower us to let You work through us to Your good and Your glory. Thank You Father. I love You. Amen.
(305 words ~ 9:57 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment