Monday, February 3, 2014

glorious hope

Monday, February 3, 2014 (8:02 a.m.)
Glorious God,

Here's that word again. Glorious. It's not the sky this time. I searched Your Word yesterday, wanting a verse describing “Your glory” to use to express myself. I found several that came close, but not the one to expand upon.

This morning I'm reading in 1Peter and again I am made aware of the glorious hope that is found in trusting You at Your Word. Father, thank You. Thank You that we are called to “come to Christ who is the living Foundation of Rock” upon which You build (1Peter 2:4).

Thank You that no matter how many times we come to Your Word, we are reminded. Refreshed. Restored. Renewed. Why? “For the Word of God is living and active” (Hebrew 4:12). How gloriously hopeful is that!

Blessed Father God, I ask that You would have me use well this day the glorious hope we have in You, Your Son, Your Word, the Holy Spirit. There is hope found in Your Word. Glorious hope. Give us the eyes to see it and the hearts to want it. Thank You Father for blessing and covering us with Your glorious hope.

Guide and direct our thoughts, our words, our actions. Let me live this day to Your good and Your glory. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(224 words ~ 9:12 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment