Friday, February 7, 2014

desire

Thursday, February 6, 2014 (6:57 a.m.)
Holy Father,

Thank You! “Thank You” because You are You and You are good. Thank You.
(8:13 a.m.)

For over an hour I've been searching a song. I have a chorus but nothing shows up. Now I'm thinking I'm combining more than one and I feel defeated.

It's not a big deal. More like a time waster. But then I wonder why it won't let me go on to other findings. So again, I turn to You confessing that I don't know what You want me to seek.

I keep coming back to the letter Paul wrote to the Colossians. A letter relaying the greatness of Christ. Try as I might Father, I can never thank You enough.

No matter where in Your Word I land this morning all verses point me back to believing Christ as the true source of power in my life. Self criticizing thoughts and doubts work hard to substantiate themselves against my own sense of worth or well being. But the Truth of Your Word speaks loudest.

No comments:

Post a Comment