Friday, February 7, 2014

changing my heart and making me smile

Friday, February 7, 2014 (7:04 a.m.)
Blessed Father,

Thank You for loving me in spite of myself. I confess to experiencing a negative attitude and not doing anything to try and change it. Thank You Father that I even get to tell You that. Straight out! No pussyfooting around.

And with that said, may I ask You to change my heart O God (Psalm 51:10) Make it ever true. Change my heart O God, May I be like You See? Even with that sung, my first response is I could NEVER be like You!

Continuing with the song I believe it when I sing You are the Potter, I am the clay (Isaiah 64:8). Mold me and make me, This is what I pray. Change my heart O God...

And You do! Father, You really do. A faint scowl on my face representing what I felt inside evaporated into a smile as I read the words Chapter 66. Judgment and Hope in the Illustrated Bible Handbook. I turned here looking for more about You being the Potter and was again reminded about what pleases You. “Not ritual worship but the humble and contrite spirit of a person who responds to God's Word.”

Your teaching doesn't end there. Following it over to The Life Recovery Bible I get to read comments regarding verses 2-4 (Isaiah 66) and again I am affirmed in my thinking.

You are never fooled by any religious games we might play.We must have the desire to follow You. We are to seek Your will, honoring and trusting You in the process. I can't lead and expect You to follow. I must again “turn from and deal with” the poor choices I have been making lately.

Most Dear and Blessed Father God, how I truly thank You for reminding me to ask You for all I cannot do on my own. Like changing my heart. And helping me smile. Thank You. Use me to Your good this day. I love You. Thank You. Amen.

 (337 words ~ 8:05 a.m.)  

No comments:

Post a Comment