Sunday, November 25, 2012

YOU have made me glad!


Sunday, November 25, 2012 (6:00 a.m.)
Blessed Father,
YOU have made me glad! Pleased. Delighted. Thrilled. Overjoyed. Grateful. Thankful. Willing. Eager.
There was a hiccup here yesterday. A simple misunderstanding. Doors were slammed. Harsh tones used. All by me. And it was resolved almost as quickly as it had begun. THAT is not our normal!
This husband You have provided me stayed calm. He rarely used to stay calm. He used soothing tones. He spoke truthfully. Again, not our norm!
Father God, thank You for the love You have for us which has enabled us to love one another. It is ONLY Your love that has repeatedly gotten us over the rough patches. As we glance back over the years to the people we used to be, Father we are so very glad to be becoming more the people You designed us to be.
Psalm 92:1-5 sums it up very nicely this morning. “A song to sing on the Lord's Day. It is good to say thank You to the Lord, to sing praises to the God who is above all gods. Every morning tell Him, 'Thank You for Your kindness,' and every evening rejoice in His faithfulness. Sing His praises, accompanied by music from the harp and lute and lyre. You have done so much for me, O Lord. No wonder I am glad! I sing for joy. O Lord, what miracles You do and how deep are Your thoughts.”
Oh most dear and blessed Father, this morning I have brought to You the thoughts, the emotions and my gratitude for all You have done for us these past 39 years. What I don't have are the words.
And right there You gave them to me. “Thank You” and “You have made me glad”.
Thank You Father for making me so very glad. I love You and I ask that You would help me use this day to the full. You have blessed us so very much and I am so truly thankful. Thank You Father. I love You. Amen.
(341 words ~ 6:50 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment