Tuesday, November 13, 2012

"Praise God!"


Monday, November 12, 2012 (6:30 a.m.)
Most Holy, Blessed, Loving Father God,
Thank You!
Tuesday, November 13, 2012 (6:43 a.m.)
“Praise God!” I've used this phrase in three completely different instances in the past three days. Automatic. Without thinking. Absolute first words out of my mouth. Thank You Father for working in me in such a way that I am learning that ALL praise belongs to You.
Reading Psalm 150 I am reminded to Let everything that has breath praise the Lord...Praise You in the morning Praise You in the evening Praise You when I'm young and when I'm old Praise You when I'm laughing Praise You when I'm grieving Praise You every season of my soul As I continue reading and singing the song I am so very grateful that we are called to praise You.
Blessed Father God this song speaks so plainly If we could see how much You're worth Your power, Your might, Your endless love Then surely we would Never cease to praise Praise You in the heavens Join with the angels Praising You forever and a day Praise You on the earth now Join with creation Calling all the nations to Your praise Yes Father. Let it be so.
Let us remember to “Praise Him in His Temple and in the heavens He made with His mighty power. Praise Him for His mighty works. Praise His unequaled greatness” (Psalm 150:1-2). In verses three through five we are charged to praise You with musical instruments and dancing. “Let everything alive give praises to the Lord! You praise Him! Hallelujah!” (v.6)
I confess, too many times it takes me so much longer to come back to praising You. Thank You that these three particular times, concerning the safety of other people, praise to You was my first and very automatic response. Thank You Father that You are so willing to continue teaching us even though we can often be such slow studies.
The other day, in the form of a dream, You gave me a perfect example of the need and choice to forgive quickly. After having awakened with such excitement and sharing it successfully with my loving husband, what did I do with the sheer Truth of it? Not three hours later we were late, frustrated and no longer speaking to one another. Even though I remembered asking in the dream, “Can't I just forgive him now?” I did NOT jump at forgiveness until so much later. In fact, there was no jumping involved. I went slowly. Reluctantly. Resentfully.
Thank You Father for Your willingness to keep up Your work in us. You are so good. So holy. And I am so very grateful to be able to say unreservedly, “Praise God!” Thank You Father. I love You so much. Teach me what You want me to learn today. Make me a ready and willing student. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.
(487 words ~ 8:10 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment