Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Hallowed


Sunday, November 18, 2012 (10:20 a.m.)
Embassy Suites Downey, CA
Awesomely, Wonderful, Powerful God,
Speak to me this morning about “Hallowed” would You please? It came to me MUCH earlier this morning. I only know it from The Lord's Prayer and All Hallows Eve/Day.
(10:45 a.m.)
And here I sit. Content. Contemplative. Pleased. Peaceful. And so in love with You.
Daddy God, there are far more things that concern You and Your love for us that I don't understand and can't explain than those I do. To know, REALLY know that You love me exquisite. It's something I still can't put into words but want everyone else to experience. Your love for each of us is consecrated. Holy. Sacred. Set apart. Hallowed!
Most Heavenly Father, thank You. Thank You for the opportunity of getting to love and be loved by You. Thank You for the call to honor Your Holy Name (Matthew 6:9; Luke 11:2).
The Life Recovery Bible tells me, regarding the hallowing of Your name, “Only through this kind of intimate prayer relationship with our heavenly Father can we find strength to tackle the big challenges involved in lifelong recovery.” Father, this is exactly what You've been doing for me ever since I first came to know Your Son.
You told Your prophet Isaiah (40:1) to comfort Your people. To “speak tenderly to Jerusalem and tell her that her sad days are gone” (v.2a). “Listen! I hear the voice of someone shouting, 'Make a road for the Lord through the wilderness; make Him a straight, smooth road through the desert. Fill the valleys; level the hills; straighten out the crooked paths, and smooth off the rough spots in the road” (vs. 3-4).
When “John [the Baptist] went from place to place on both sides of the Jordan River” (Luke 3:3-6) he quoted those words from Isaiah. A commentary at the bottom of The Life Recovery Bible's page tells how treacherous, fatiguing, dry and deserted the road to recovery can be. He preached a discomforting message, likening Your powers to those of a bulldozer used to smooth out the ruts and valleys of our lives.
There is so much hope to be found in Your Word. You promise to restore us to a loving relationship with You. You can be trusted to help us make a straight path, clearing out the obstacles that get in our way. Sin. Pride. Addictions. Hypocrisy. Greed. You FREE us to become the people You want us to be. How? By hallowing Your name.
Holy Father, thank You! Right here, right now I am getting to experience that very thing. YOU have been working in and through me, bringing me to this surrendering place. How I thank You for allowing me to call You “Hallowed”. Keep me in Your care. On YOUR path. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(476 words ~ 12 noon)

No comments:

Post a Comment