Saturday, November 3, 2012

flighty


Saturday, November 3, 2012 (8:40 a.m.)
Blessed Father,
I've got some confessing to do. I have been especially flighty... You absolutely don't mess around when You want our attention, do You God?
The only verses I could find in all of the translations I have access to are from The Message, Jeremiah 3:6-12 . After the warning “[Admit Your God-Defiance]” Israel is described as “fickle” and “a whore at large”. YOWZA! Talk about calling things as You see them!!!
While telling of Israel's loose morals, Jeremiah went on with Your message to him. “I assumed that after she had gotten it out of her system, she'd come back, but she didn't. Her flighty sister, Judah, saw what she did... She went out, big as you please, and took up a whore's life also.” Oh my!
I'm not saying that mindless, careless, random eating of almost everything in sight ranks up there with prostitution, but I do know that sin is sin no matter how one slices it. As I read the commentaries at the bottom of The Life Recovery Bible's pages I see the words: “hitting bottom”, “true condition”, “feeling the shame”, “loss of control”, “worship of other gods”, “refuse to change”, “afraid we will miss the good old days”, “left to cry alone in the wilderness”.
And as I am relating myself and my own behaviors to these passages, Father I also am thinking of our nation and the upcoming election. I confess to You that I absolutely still do not how to vote. I do not see truth or hope. I am blinded by my own fear of making mistakes that will cost us even more dearly than in the past. Father, YOU are all powerful. All knowing. You know what is best for this country and I believe that all we are presently doing is not it.
Forgive me Father for squandering what is best for my health and use my vote for what You know to be the very best for this country. Change every aspect of my flightiness to that of steady responsibility. I love You God. I want it to show clearly in the decisions I make. Work in and through me. Thank You. Amen.
(371 words ~ 9:52 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment