Saturday, November 10, 2012

"power" and "strength"


Saturday, November 10, 2012 (5:58 a.m.)
Most Holy Father God,
I am here supplicating. Thanking You and asking earnestly. Father, You alone are holy. And right at this very moment (6:26 a.m.) again I confess You to be absolutely amazing.
Father, I don't even know where to begin with my thanks to You. In the tiniest details of our daily lives You have again provided perfectly placed situations so we would all be where we needed to be when yet another bottom has fallen out of our lives.
Oh, and look... tears (6:44 a.m.). They haven't happened for me yet. And even through the blur of them I am thanking You. Father, You HAVE provided our every single need!
The other night when I first heard the news that the husband of a loved one had tragically died as a result of injuries sustained in a motorcycle accident I confessed to You that I had “no words”. As I went on with my time alone with You, recounting the few details I had, I continued telling You that I simply had “no words”. Then, seemingly, out of nowhere You gave me two.
“Power” and “strength”. No matter where I have turned in this time of tragedy, I've been reminded that You alone provide us with the power and strength necessary to survive all this world throws our way. Holy Father God, thank You.
Thank You for Your Word which offers us hope in every situation. Thank You for Your love which brings us together under the absolute worse of circumstances. Thank You for all the good You are doing through this unbelievably sad time. I pray YOUR “power” and “strength” over it all.
Blessed Father, Your Holy Spirit is alive and with me right here. I actually feel Him as though He were physically here in my presence. The excitement I am experiencing in turning first to one Scripture verse then being led directly to another is undeniable.
Isaiah 40:25, “'With whom will you compare me? Who is my equal?' asks the Holy One” led me straight across the page to verse ten. “Yes, the Lord is coming with mighty power; He will rule with awesome strength. See, His reward is with Him, to each as he has done.”
Holy Father, You created us. You have perfect wisdom. You sent Your Son to overcome the power of death (John 16:33). You alone are holy. You know the plans You have for us (Jeremiah 29:11). While none of these Truths take the sting and sadness of death away, they encourage us to hope in You nonetheless.
Father, thank You for Your Word. Thank You for Your hope. Thank You, thank You, thank You for Your “power” and “strength”. Teach me to use these two words well. It is in Your power and strength that I pray for our loved ones and the trials that lay ahead. I love You Father. I thank You. And above all I ask Your blessings of “power” and “strength” as I pray again Paul's message of encouragement to the Ephesians (3:14-19). He purposed to strengthen their belief in their relationship with You and one another.
Father God, here I do the same. “When I think of the wisdom and scope of His plan, I fall down on my knees and pray to the Father of all the great family of God – some of them already in heaven and some down here on earth – that out of His glorious unlimited resources He will give you the mighty inner strengthening of His Holy Spirit. And I pray that Christ will be more and more at home in your hearts, living within you as you trust in Him. May your roots go down deep into the soil of God's marvelous love; and may you be able to feel and understand, as all God's children should, how long, how wide, how deep, and how high His love really is; and to experience this love for yourselves, though it is so great that you will never see the end of it or fully know or understand it. And so at last you will be filled up with God Himself.”
That is my prayer on behalf of these much loved ones Dearest Father. That they will be filled up with You. And Your “power” and strength”. Thank You Father. I love You. Amen.
(734 words ~ 8:15 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment