Thursday, November 15, 2012

most loving


Thursday, November 15, 2012 (7:30 a.m.)
Most Loving Father,
Thank You that You truly are most loving!
(10:30 a.m.)
And thank You for the opportunity to explore even further what that looks like.
(2:31 p.m.)
So many starts and stops. All the time coming back to Colossians 3:12-14. Father God, I want to love as Paul directed Your people of Colosse.
And right here this minute, I have to confess my breaking heart over two loved ones that absolutely don't know the love You offer. They both know of it. They have even worked desperately hard to achieve it. Yet it eludes them consistently. I don't know how to explain to either of them that it's not in the work, but in the surrender. To YOU! To Your loving care.
Most Loving Father God, love these dear ones. Love them like they have never been loved before. Love them as though their very lives depend on it, because it does.
You are good. You are holy. You provide our every need. And I haven't been able to stay here connected with You because my heart continues jumping over to my concern for these two precious children of Yours. Neither of them having ever experienced the warmth and tender care of a loving Father. Each distraught in their own set of circumstances.
You are the most loving Father of all. You care more about these dear ones than I ever could. Please Father, right here as I again pray using Paul's words to the Ephesians (3:17b-19) I ask, 'May their roots go down deep into the soil of Your marvelous love; and may they be able to feel and understand, as well as all Your children should, how long, how wide, how deep, and how high Your love really is; and to experience this love for themselves, though it is so great that they will never see the end of it or fully know or understand it. And so at last they will be filled up with You Yourself.'
'Now glory be to You, Most Loving Father, who by Your mighty power at work within us is able to do far more than we would ever dare to ask or even dream of – infinitely beyond our highest prayers, desires, thoughts or hope' (v. 20). Do all You have to do to make Your love for all of us to be felt in very real and tangible moments. I love You Most Loving Father. And I thank You. Amen.
(418 words ~ 3:53 p.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment