Tuesday, November 20, 2012

being human


Tuesday, November 20, 2012 (9:38 a.m.)
Most Amazing Father God,
You are so good. You are Truth. You are freedom. You want us to 'know the truth and the truth will set us free' (John 8:32). You are power and strength. You are all the things I am not. Yet I was created in Your image (Genesis 1:27) so I get to hope, have faith, and love (1Corinthians 13:13).
Thank You Father. Thank You that You knew all the hardships and challenges that being human would place on us. Thank You that You factored in our propensity to sin and sent Your Son to atone for us (Romans 3:25).
Father God, You have so graciously provided us our every need. I get to turn page after page in Your Word and be reminded that I am not the only one who sins and needs Your Son as my Savior (Romans 3:23).
You had perfection all set for us (Genesis 1). Adam and then Eve got to have personal involvement with You on a regular basis and still they sinned. This gives me hope.
Another 'Theology in Brief' [Human Nature: Man in the Image of God] in Illustrated Bible Handbook says this about being human, “The Bible, like our newspapers, testifies to the damage sin does in human experience. We carry God's likeness imperfectly. But the fact is that we human beings have the potential for restoration. God's image has not been eradicated (Genesis 9; James 3:9). We are created in the image of God, and thus have infinite worth and value. Our respect for others, our acceptance of ourselves, and our sense of the worth of every individual, rest on this foundation.”
It's so very much like that song we sang at the wedding the other day On Christ, the Solid Rock I stand; All other ground is sinking sand
Only in the light of YOUR Truth will we ever be set free to live the lives You desire for us. Thank You for all You do to help remind us of the hazards and pitfalls of being human. Thank You for loving us through it all. I love You so very much. And I thank You as well. Use me this day for Your good and Your glory I pray. Thank You. Amen.
(383 words ~ 12:03 p.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment