Wednesday, November 21, 2012

fabulous


Wednesday, November 21, 2012 (5:59 a.m.)
Fabulous Father God,
Thank You. Thank You for choices.
(7:12 a.m.)
And the choice I just made was to go wash a sink full of dishes left over from a few days ago. Father, thank You that even in that I was able to enjoy the early morning beauty of Your sky. And while doing that, I was reminded again and again of Your worth!
Before breaking for long overdue household chores I found only two mentions of 'fabulous' (Esther 5:11; Revelation 18:17) in all the translations of Your Word that I have ready access to. Both had to do with great wealth. Neither ended well.
This led me to remember and sing that Lord, You are more precious than silver. Lord, You are more costly than gold. Lord, You are more beautiful than diamonds, And nothing I desire compares to You(Psalm 16:2; Proverbs 3:14,15).
Fabulous Father God. Interesting. Looking up the origin of the word it comes from fable, unhistorical. Well that certainly isn't the case with You now is it!
'Riches' and 'wealth' are the first examples given in both the dictionary and the thesaurus I'm using, again taking me to the song above. An informal use of the word tells me to “See excellent” and when I do, there You are again.
“Extremely good; outstanding; excelling; superb, exceptional, marvelous, wonderful, magnificent, preeminent, perfect, matchless, unbeatable, peerless, supreme...” The list goes on and so does the song! I don't know that I've ever sung these verses.
♫Lord, Your love is higher than mountains. Lord, Your love is deeper than seas. Lord, Your love encompasses the nations. And yet, You live right here inside of me! How fabulous is that!
As corny as it sounds, “But wait! There's more!” Who can weigh the value of knowing You? Who can judge the worth of Who You are? Who can count the blessings of loving You? Who can say just how great You are?
ALL insightfully valid questions. Each easily answered in the chorus of this simple song Lord, You are more precious (costly, beautiful) than silver (gold, diamonds) And NOTHING I desire compares to You!
Fabulous Father God, thank You again for so loving the world (John 3:16). Thank You for including me in that love. Use me today to bring glory and honor to Your most holy name. I love You so very much. Thank You for being fabulous! Amen.
(399 words ~ 8:00 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment