Monday, April 30, 2012

choices


Monday, April 30, 2012 (7:15 a.m.)
Blessed Father,
What a difference a day makes! Yesterday seemed all sweetness and light. As though not a single thing could possibly go wrong. It was great. I loved it. Energy abounded. Until it stopped. Abruptly at 6:00.
Rather than dwell on unpleasantries Most Holy God, still I will praise You. Thank You Father! Thank You for the opportunity to choose where to put my focus. Thank You for the ease with which to type in some words in a search bar and to have messages of hope pop up.
Thank You Father. Thank You that every single moment of every single day we have choices. Choices of what to think, be and do. I confess. I was completely ready to mope, whine and complain. Instead I chose to come out here with You. I opened Your Word and hope immediately began to fill my being. Yes. My back still hurts. A LOT! More than in a really long while.
But in searching various words, I read worship lyrics and Bible verses that again fill me with hope. Just like yesterday, on the flipside of the very same coin, Proverbs 17:22 comes to the forefront. “A cheerful disposition is good for your health; gloom and doom leave you bone-tired.” Isn’t that the truth!
Thank You Father. Thank You for the mindfulness with which to approach our time together. It would have been so easy to fall again into that trap of avoidance. Thank You that I’d rather be here with You than anywhere.
Finding the words so readily to Oh no, You never let go In every high and every low Oh no, You never let go of me fills me with all that is necessary to continue singing There will be an end to these troubles But until that day comes Still I will praise You Thank You Father for the willingness to believe Your promises.
In searching Your Word for verses containing the word ‘choices’, I came again to Proverbs 2. Your children are called to listen and treasure and tune our ears to wisdom and good sense. Verse 11 promises, “Wise choices will watch over you. Understanding will keep you safe.”
THIS is why I chose You this morning. I needed to be reminded of the choices we have and the importance of making wise ones. Thank You Father. Thank You for loving me and caring about me so much. Help me use my choices well this day. I love You so much. Thank You. Amen.
(425 words ~ 8:13 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment