Sunday, April 29, 2012

laughter


Sunday, April 29, 2012 (6:42 a.m.)
Most Blessed Awesome Father God,
Thank You for this gift with which You have blessed me these past several days. LAUGHTER! Deep. Intense. Heartfelt. Laughter. And along with it a true joy I haven’t felt in quite some time.
Thank You Father. The silliness with which I have approached these last few days has truly been like a breath of fresh air. My mind seems clearer. There’s far more creativity. Energy. Optimism. Hope.
The true blessing of all this is that it is not something I set out to achieve on my own. I hadn’t even thought to ask You for it. One funny thought led to another. Silly songs started making themselves up in my mind. To the point that I even giggled myself to tears. Thank You.
I turn in Your Word Blessed Father. There are verses telling of the positives as well as the negatives of laughter. This morning I choose to look at the deeply seeded joy it has brought back to my disposition.
I thought I was headed for Proverbs 17:22. “A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.” Then it looked like Psalm 126:2a was it. “We will laugh and sing happy songs!” But it’s 1 Peter 1:8-9 where I want to put my thoughts right now.
For so many months I’ve been hovering around verses 3-7. I clung to Your promises that there would be joy ahead of the pain. This past week, in SO many ways, I have truly experienced Your love (joy, peace, patience…) through my interactions with others. Genuine laughter has become an almost daily occurrence for me. How I thank You for this most incredibly delightful gift O Most Blessed Father.
1 Peter 1, verses 8-9. “You never saw Him, yet you love Him. You still don’t see Him, yet you trust Him – with laughter and singing. Because you kept on believing, you’ll get what you’re looking forward – total salvation.”
Turning just one page over, I read the purpose of this letter Peter wrote to the hurting Jewish Christians who were suffering persecution for their faith in You. “To show us how to live well in a shattered and hopeless world.” Ah. Yes. Most dear and faithful Father God, teach me to live [and laugh J] well in this shattered, hopeless world.
Oh how very much I love You. Thank You. Amen.
(407 words ~ 7:43 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment