Saturday, May 5, 2012

Your Way


Friday, May 4, 2012 (8:31 a.m.)
Awesome God,
Saturday, May 5, 2012 (7:36 a.m.)
It’s been a fairly odd week Lord. One day (last Sunday to be exact) I felt better than I have in months and the next thing I knew, NOT!
Thank You Father that You are here with me through all the highs and lows. Thank You that I can be confused and wonder and try to figure things out. Thank You that I can also just give in and rest and let You have Your way with me.
Your Way. Too often I forget. Your Way is SO much better for me. I’ve been lax in coming here with You. I didn’t feel good. I lay around. I tried to do all the things I thought I should. Everything except come tell You.
Thank You Father. You are so good. So approachable. Forgive me my foolishness I pray.
Just now in looking up “Your Way” in the Bible search I found many verses that speak of exactly that. Funny that it’s one that looks at another’s way that has the bulk of my attention right now.
An angel sent by You (Numbers 22:22) was seen by a donkey when her rider (Balaam) was too spiritually blind to be aware of its presence. Um. Hello. I resemble this truth! I haven’t felt good. My body seems to be reacting to something. So I’m trying to figure it out. Talking to people. Asking others. Avoiding responsibilities. Watching T.V. Relaxing with puzzles. Ask the Father? Not even!
Forgive me Jesus. It’s Your Way I long to follow! I stopped short while reading the list of verses. Numbers 22:32, “‘Why did you beat your donkey those three times?’ the angel of the Lord demanded. ‘Look, I have come to block your way because you are stubbornly resisting me.’” How often do I do that very same thing? I get so incredibly focused on what it is that I think or want and all good reason goes straight out the door.
This section of Numbers tells the humorous story of a donkey clearly seeing what its rider can’t. How often do I determine to just muscle right through whatever seems to be standing in my way?
The Life Recovery Bible states the angel’s discourse using these words, “I have come to stop you because you are headed for destruction. Three times the donkey saw me and shied away from me; otherwise I would certainly have killed you by now and spared her” (vs. 32b-33).
The recovery commentary at the bottom of the page reminds me how “the greatest of human wisdom often leads to spiritual blindness. True wisdom to face life’s situations only comes from the sovereign, all-knowing God.” DUH! Thank You for using this same talking donkey to teach me that I need to bring all things to You, even [or is that especially?] a non-descript, general case of “I just don’t feel good”.
With that said Lord, let me start here by finally saying to You what I’ve been saying to anybody else that would listen, “I don’t know what’s wrong, I just don’t feel good.”
Thank You Father for Your willingness to listen. To guide. Direct. Care. Provide. Look how long this list could go. Thank You for Your love. Your protection. Your Way. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(565 words ~ 8:52 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment