Saturday, April 7, 2012

being glad

Saturday, April 7, 2012 (6:57 a.m.)

Loving Father,

I woke up this morning with a choice. And I was grateful to be remembering our Lenten experience. Father God, I want so very much to continue being glad.

Everyday there are a multitude of reasons to be happy, sad, scared, annoyed... I want to continue learning to put every possible scenario under the massive umbrella of Your perfection and choose to say, “This IS the day that the Lord has made. I WILL rejoice and be glad in it!” (Psalm 118:24)

You have been bringing truly joyful people into my life that I want to continue learning from. Faced with whatever set of circumstances, their first response is “Praise God!” What an awesome example of truly being glad.

(8:14 a.m.)

I just took some time to find the “Psalty” lyrics to Praise God and to look up the corresponding Bible verses (Colossians 3:16-17). Praise God, give thanks to the Father for all – that you say and do. Well, amen, amen, sing glory Hallelujah! Christ, the Lord is risen for you Truer words Lord! Amen, amen, sing glory Hallelujah! Christ the Lord is risen for me. Wow! What an absolutely perfect reason to continue practicing being glad!

Let me confess to You right now Dearest God and Father, this is definitely NOT my first response to anything. My natural tendency leans in the opposite direction. I’m still at the stage of our relationship that I have to remind myself into thanking and praising and being glad. I look so forward to YOUR Nature becoming mine!

Keep working in and through me most blessed One. I love You so very much. Thank You for giving me the genuine desire to go on being glad. Thank You. Amen.

(295 words ~ 10:05 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment