Tuesday, April 3, 2012

desire of my heart

Tuesday, April 3, 2012 (7:26 a.m.)

Anaheim, CA

Blessed Father,

Thank You. Thank You that even when things don’t go the ways I expect, I still want to say, “Thank You.”

Thank You Father that knowing You, following You, spending time with You truly is the desire of my heart. I confess to You right now, I don’t always do it well. Too many times, in the very midst of circumstances I forget to “Be still and know” that You alone are God (Psalm 46:10).

Instead I tend to scramble around. I want to fix things. Change things. Make them better. Ah, how much better it is when I just come into Your presence saying “thank You”.

Again I find myself in 1 Chronicles 28. David does not get to build the temple he had been preparing as his ultimate expression of love for You. Instead of using my standard approach to disappointment of any kind, he did not sulk. He used the time he had to pass Your wisdom along to his son. Amazing!

Verse nine that brought me here says, “Solomon, my son, get to know the God of your fathers. Worship and serve Him with a clean heart and a willing mind, for the Lord sees every heart and understands and knows every (desire and) thought. If you seek Him, you will find Him; but if you forsake Him, He will permanently throw you aside.”

Most blessed Father God, teach and enable me to speak so eloquently of You to others. You are mighty and awesome. You are ‘our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in times of trouble’ (Psalm 46:1). Thank You that we have Your Word to stand on. To believe in. Help us use it wisely and well.

Thank You for being the desire of my heart. I love You. Thank You. Amen.

(311 words ~ 8:15 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment