Sunday, April 22, 2012

Never give up!


Sunday, April 22, 2012 (7:16 a.m.)
Most Amazing, Wonderful, Eternal Father God,
Thank You! You are so good. For several days I’ve been turning to Galatians 6:9. I’ve talked long and hard with You for many years about my willingness to quit things so easily. This verse reminds me again that You have so much more for us than my little self can ever begin to imagine.
“And let us not get tired of doing what is right, for after a while we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t get discouraged and give up.” Great words. Huge concept. How do I allow You to make it a genuine part of me?
I’ve heard the stories. I even have one of them, The Little Engine that Could. There’s Winston Churchill’s famous speech to the boys at Harrow School. And a man named Darby who had an uncle that quit gold mining just inches away from a large pocket of ore.
I confess to being most like Darby’s uncle. I have great hopes, but don’t necessarily do my homework first. I get excited. I start with great gusto. Then I get frustrated. I fizzle. Then fail.
Father, I know I cannot change myself just by willing it. But You can! You have the power to make me into anything You want. I long to be a pliable piece of clay that does not argue with the Potter (Isaiah 45:9). Truly Father, I so very humbly ask You to remove my shortcomings.
I am coming to realize that You are not going to do things in and through me on my terms. I am turning to You, truly asking that You will grow me as You wish. You ARE The Master Craftsman! I trust You to reshape my life as You see fit. I am asking You to guide and direct me in every single detail of each day.
You told Jeremiah (chapter 18, verses 1-6) to “go down to the shop where clay pots and jars are made” and You would talk to him there. He did as You told him “and found the potter working at his wheel. But the jar that he was forming didn’t turn out as he wished, so he kneaded it into a lump and started again.”
This is where You said, “O Israel, can’t I do to you as this potter has done to his clay? As the clay is in the potter’s hand, so are you in my hand.” Yes Father. Mold me and make me into the creation You have in mind. Get me out of Your way so the world will see all that You have in store for those who live according to Your will.
Teach me to honor Your Word by not getting discouraged and learning what it is to never give up. I love You Blessed Father. Thank You. Amen.
(483 words ~ 8:57 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment