Thursday, April 5, 2012

Maundy Thursday

Maundy Thursday April 5, 2012 (7:53 a.m.)

Blessed Father God,

Thank You for sending Your Son to do for all of us that which we could never do for ourselves. Thank You for Your Word, written to preserve Your history of the past as well as to give hope for the present and our future.

(4:22 p.m.)

Thank You that there is always more to learn. Each year there’s another layer of Your Son’s Last Supper that I learn something more about.

This was the night He washed his disciples feet, giving the perfect example of servanthood (John 13:1-17). He predicted His betrayal (18-30). He introduced His “new commandment” (31-38) telling His followers that they are to “Love one another. In the same way I loved you, you love one another.”

He knew He would be leaving them so He taught much this last night. About persecution, the Holy Spirit, prayer. And then he prayed. For Himself. For His disciples. And for us!

Knowing He was about to suffer and die for our sins, Jesus said to You on our behalf, “I am praying not only for these disciples but also for all who will ever believe in me through their message” (John 17:20 TM). That’s ME Dearest Father!

Me, mentioned on His last night. Me, included when He asked You, "that all of them may be one, Father, just as You are in me and I am in You. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me" (v.21 NIV).

The Living Bible says the same verse this way, “My prayer for all of them is that they will be of one heart and mind”. One heart and mind, Blessed Father, let us learn to be exactly that.

On this most holy night Dearest God, teach us to follow Jesus’ example and His love for us all. Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(321 words ~ 5:21 p.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment