Friday, April 27, 2012

learning


Friday, April 27, 2012 (7:11 a.m.)
Sweet Father God,
Thank You. There’s been a lot of learning going on around here. Learning. Asking. Seeking. Knocking. Changing. Wondering. Yes, then back to learning more.
Thank You Father that You are such a willing Teacher. Loving. Patient. Kind. Where do You want to take these thoughts this morning? Somewhere glorifying I hope.
Yesterday I was reintroduced to Proverbs 13:12. “Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but when the desire comes, it is a tree of life.”
Awesome, Blessed Father God, I started out on Tuesday praying for renewed hope for a dear friend. Thinking I had a nugget to share with her, I mistakenly thought Psalm 23:6 said something that it doesn’t. The word I thought was ‘grace’ is really ‘goodness’. I don’t know how close or loosely the two tie together, but I do know that YOUR Word supplies our every need.
“For the Word of God is living and active” (Hebrews 4:12). The Easy-to-Read Versions says it this way, “God’s Word is alive and working. It is sharper than the sharpest sword and cuts all the way into us. It cuts deep into the place where the soul and the spirit are joined. God’s Word cuts to the center of our joints and our bones. It judges the thoughts and feelings in our hearts.” Your Word is alive and active. Your Word!
So many times I go off in my own way of thinking. Thank You that You continue teaching us to return to Your Word.
Father I want to keep learning more of Your Word, that I will truly be able to share it readily in times of trouble. Again quoting the Easy-to-Read Version, “God is our protection and source of strength. He is always ready to help us in times of trouble” (Psalm 46:1).
Oh Most Dear and Ever-Present God and Father, keep us coming to You for the learning we need most. Lessons in love. Your love. Pure, unadulterated, absolute true love. Your love. Holy. One of a kind. Real. True. Meant to be shared. Teach us well Dearest Father that our learning (and our joy 1John1:4) will be complete in You.
Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(370 words ~ 8:08 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment