Thursday, April 19, 2012

the glory

Sunday, April 15, 2012 (afternoon)

Plaza Las Glorias parking lot

Awesome God ~

You keep surprising me! All day long. 1:50 a.m. I couldn’t sleep. Five a.m. I was still awake. Moping. Not caring or praying. Then I was cold. Tired. Asleep. And ready to go to church. Not necessarily because I really wanted to. It was much more of a ‘should’. Kind of effortless. And wonderfully rewarding! Thank You.

Thank You for blessings that abound. Blessings of which I am aware. Blessings I don’t want to take for granted. Also ones I don’t want to be afraid to enjoy.

I need to confess to You Most Dear and Blessed Father, I’m really pretty scared. Things keep not being what I expect and I go on trying to make sense of them. I don’t want to continue in this realm. TRULY! I want to relax, trust and fully believe that You know exactly what You’re doing in and with my life.

I keep looking to Your Word. This morning I started with James 1:2-4. “Dear Brothers and Sisters, whenever trouble comes your way, let it be an opportunity for joy.” This is NOT my tendency. I’m far more inclined to gripe, groan, growl, snarl, snap, complain…

Thank You Blessed Father for already knowing this about me. Thank You for loving and accepting me FAR more than I ever can on my own.

Thank You for continuing to remind me, “For when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow.”

I confess to wanting all the challenges I face to be changed to “Skill level – easy”! Thank You that You know to give me what I need, not necessarily what I want.

You allow me to act a fool all the while knowing what lies beneath. And herein lies the glory of it. You know what lies ahead as well. “So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing.”

Father, thank You for all You want for me. Your best! Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(353 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment