Tuesday, April 10, 2012

"Quick to forgive"

Monday, April 9, 2012 (7:32 a.m.)

Blessed Father,

There is so much to learn. So much to practice. Where do I begin? How do I continue?

You provide our every need. You hardwired us to seek You. I heard a phrase the other day. “Quick to forgive.” It sounded contrived. Sterile. Mechanical. But I looked past the hollowness of what I was hearing into Your Word and a whole new understanding opened up for me.

Reading in Colossians 3, I find Christ, The Pattern for a Fulfilling Life. Turning back to the overview of this particular letter, I rediscover that it was written about the greatness of Christ. “To show us that Christ is the only real source of power in our life” (Life Recovery Bible, Bottom Line).

Why is this so easy for me to forget?

(137 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment