Thursday, March 10, 2011

Psalm 145

Thursday, March 10, 2011 (6:31 a.m.)

Awesome Blessed God,

I love You. Thank You for Your presence in our lives. You are so good. So kind. In my limitedness in finding words to describe You, I turn to Your Word. Peace immediately comes upon me. Comfort. A settled joy. Again, a sense of Your presence.

Thank You Lord. Thank You for taking me again to the book of Deuteronomy. Thank You for the chance to be reminded of Your mighty acts for the good of Your people. And especially this morning, thank You for the opportunity to pray to You in the words of Psalm 145.

Lord, how I appreciate the chance to “praise You, my God and King, and bless Your name each day and forever” (v.1). What a gift. What a great and glorious gift! Thank You Lord.

Thank You that You ARE ‘great! And greatly to be praised. With greatness beyond discovery’ (v.3). ‘Each generation is to tell its children what glorious things You do’ (v.4).

We are to “meditate about Your glory, splendor, majesty, and miracles. Your awe-inspiring deeds shall be on every tongue; I will proclaim Your greatness” (vs. 5-6). Everyone is to “tell about how good You are and sing about Your righteousness” (7).

You are “kind and merciful, slow to get angry, full of love” (8). You are “good to everyone” ‘and Your compassion is intertwined with everything You do’ (9).

“All living things shall thank You, Lord, and Your people will bless you. They will talk together about the glory of Your kingdom and mention examples of Your power. They will tell about Your miracles and about the majesty and glory of Your reign. For Your kingdom never ends. You rule generation after generation” (10-13).

Loving Lord, how I thank and praise You for who You are and all You do! You lift “the fallen and those bent beneath their loads. The eyes of all mankind look up to You for help; You give them their food as they need it. You constantly satisfy the hunger and thirst of every living thing” (14-16).

Lord, I am going to pause right here to add that this is particularly easy for me to say because I have more than enough food to eat and water to drink. What of those who do not Lord?

Continuing, I have personal experience with You being ‘fair in everything You do and full of kindness, close to all who call on You sincerely’ (17-18). You ‘fulfill the desires of those who reverence and trust You; You hear their cries for help and rescue them. You protect all those who love You, but destroy the wicked’ (19-20). Because of Your goodness and grace I am able to add a resounding “Yes!” to these attributes of Yours.

Humbly I ask You Dearest Lord to make verse 21 so for me. “I will praise the Lord and call on all men everywhere to bless His holy name forever and forever.” You are so good Dearest Lord. So kind. And I love You so very much. Thank You. Amen.

(517 words ~ 10:19 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment