Thursday, March 3, 2011

resisting

Thursday, March 3, 2011 (11:17 a.m.)

Loving Lord,

I am resisting You. And FINALLY I am grateful even for that! It is by confessing myself that true worship of You can begin.

Thank You Lord. Thank You that even though something happened yesterday to clog communication lines, I don’t have to allow whatever it was to continue to hold me down. I may not have been able to stand up against it in my own strength and power, but in turning to You my whole attitude is changing.

I confess to You Lord. I was trying to manufacture change on my own, with what I know to be true. I tried singing of Blue skies Smiling at me… but my outlook remained dismal.

The moment I confessed to resisting You, the Truth of James 4:7 came flooding in. “Surrender to God! Resist the devil, and he will run from you.” My own feeble attempt to resist him is next to pointless when done without YOUR power and authority!

Lord God, how I thank You for lifting me [AGAIN J] out of this familiar pit of my own choosing. It didn’t take near as long this time. Not even eighteen hours. That’s much better than the days and weeks of grudge holding I’ve been known for.

You are good Lord! Faithful and good. Thank You for allowing me to come to You EXACTLY as I am, but not leaving me like that! I came resisting. You send me out rejoicing. Thank You Lord!

May I ask for Your strength and Your power, YOUR guidance and encouragement in the things needed to be done around here today? Heartily I surrender to You. To Your will and to Your Way. Lead me that I don’t attempt to take off on my own again. I love You far too much for that. Thank You Lord. I love You. Amen.

(311 words ~ 12:14 p.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment