Tuesday, March 29, 2011

first word

Tuesday, March 22, 2011 (7:16 a.m.)

Carnival Triumph #9-289

Off coast of Cozumel, MX

“Yes!”

Blessed Lord, I love that the very first word out of my mouth to You this morning was, “Yes!” Yes to spending time with You. Yes to the awesome spot of color that I assumed would be a most glorious sunrise. Yes to getting the Bible and other books. And even yes to coming back inside because of the rain.

Lord, how I thank You for the indecision of what to do today. We’re coming in to a port we’ve only recently begun hearing anything about. We don’t want to miss whatever You might have in store for us

Wednesday, March 23, 2011 (12:42 p.m.)

Heading toward New Orleans, LA

How grateful I am to You Dearest Lord that we didn’t miss the opportunity of a delightful day doing whatever came our way. A buggy ride around the city of Cozumel. A swim in the beautifully colored water. A dance in the plaza square ‘con mi esposo’. Completely enjoying salsa for the first time in my life. All because I said “Yes!” to YOU initially.

Lord, thank You for saving me from myself yesterday. Had I not heeded Your invitation to spend the first moments of the day with You, I would not have read, “First seek the counsel of the Lord.” (1Kings 22:5) and would have been even less prepared for the emotional outbursts as they continued coming about throughout the day. It’s time with You, in Your Word that gives me strength to stand up to tears that threaten to dissolve me into a puddle at any given moment.

Lord, I love You. I thank You for this trip. This opportunity to spend time together with much loved ones. Oh look! Tears forming at the outskirts of my emotional realm. Do I fight them? Or just let them fall at will? YOU decide for me Lord. I’ll take my cue from Your Word…

Ah, Yes Lord. The Psalms. Tears. Joy. Seeking. Finding. Feelings. Faith. So much is to be found here in this section of Your Word. Thank You Lord.

Speaking of seeking and finding, I’m going to go take a look around the ship for some of those You have provided for me to love. Thank You for all of them as well Dearest Lord. And of course, here come the tears… AGAIN! This time I will accept them as gifts from You. Say “thank You” and let them fall where they may! Thank You Dearest, Blessed Lord. I love You so incredibly much. Amen.

(432 words ~ 1:27 p.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment