Monday, March 14, 2011

This is the day

Monday, March 14, 2011 (7:15 a.m.)

Most Dear and Blessed Lord,

This is the day! It’s the birthday of a loved one and the first anniversary of the death of another. Most importantly, it is the day that You have made. I WILL rejoice and be glad in it!

Beloved God, how I thank You. Thank You for this day. Thank You for this past year. Thank You for our lives in You.

Turning to Psalm 118:24, the scriptural address for the verse above, I drink in the entire psalm. Lord, how I thank You for such poetic truth. Each verse building on thankfulness for Your kind and merciful ways. Reading a variety of translations and paraphrases I am captured and taken to the very heart of wanting to be a true worshiper of Yours.

Oh most dear and generous God, thank You for Your goodness and Your never ending love. Thank You for all You have to teach us.

As I read each verse in this psalm I want to jump right out of my skin in agreement! I want desperately for others not only to know, but to LIVE the truth of these verses.

Lord God, as my thoughts all jumble together in one giant ball of joy, I ask that Your patient hand would come upon me to settle all I want to feel and be and think and do (Mark 12:30) today. Make it so that I glorify You in this very day that You have made. You are God. You are King. Help me live this day that others will not only see, but WANT all You have to offer through life in and through and with You.

There are so many words used to translate the essence of this particular psalm. Today I will add the Contemporary English Version for verse 24 to the mix. “This day belongs to the Lord! Let’s celebrate and be glad today.”

Indeed Lord! This IS the day that You have made! I WILL rejoice and be glad in it. Thank You Lord. Thank You for this day. Thank You for Your love. Thank You for Your Son. Thank You. Just thank You! I love You. Amen.

(368 words ~ 8:11 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment