Tuesday, March 29, 2011

leaking love and joy

Saturday, March 26, 2011 (6:52 a.m. - CDT)

Homewood Suites #1011

New Orleans, LA

Loving Lord,

How I thank and praise You for the various blessings You have provided us these past twelve days. This morning especially I am not only aware of but also asking for continued safe travels. There are indeed trains, planes and automobiles involved in this final leg of the much-loved husband’s birthday celebration and I truly ask for Your protective presence in them all.

It’s been another time of growing and watching, Lord. Reflecting. Thinking. Wishing. Hoping. And praying. Especially praying!

Most dear and beloved Lord, how I thank You for the shared experiences of love and joy. Thank You too for the times of frustration and even irritation. All of these brought together to continue growing us in You. More than anything Lord, that’s what I want. For each of us to continue growing in and depending on You.

Now Lord, about these tears that just keep falling. Thank You for the helpful husband’s attempt to ease the emotional upheaval by referring to them as ‘love and joy being leaked from an overflowing heart’. That thought does help me feel less ridiculous. It also helps me smile. Thank You Lord!

In looking in Your Word just now I am especially drawn to Psalm 5. Verse 11 mentions both joy and love. Along with taking refuge in You. Singing for joy. And having Your protection spread over us “that those who love Your name may rejoice in You.” Even as I smile and contemplate such blessing, I complete reading the chapter with verse twelve. “Surely, Lord, You bless the righteous; You surround them with Your favor as with a shield.”

I’ve told You before that I don’t see myself in the righteous category. There are so many others that I look at and think, “Yes. Surely them.” But here I am with all these faults and foibles and I tend to put myself over in the ‘needs more time’ line.

Bless me anyway Lord. Surround me with all the others so desperately in need of YOUR favor, as with a shield. You are so good, so worthy to be praised.

As my eyes continue to leak the love and joy that so freely overflows my grateful heart, I sincerely ask You Lord to take the multitude of mistakes I have made and turn them into the blessings You want them to be. I love You so very much Dearest Lord. Thank You. Amen.

(418 words ~ 8:19 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment