Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Your presence, Lord

Wednesday, March 2, 2011 (6:36 a.m.)

Awesome God,

What a nice way to wake up. In Your presence, Lord. I look out the window at such beauty. I turn in Your Word and find even more.

Lord God, how I thank You for making me one of Your own. Thank You that when I think of You it is with full esteem and reverence. How blessed we are to be allowed in Your presence, Lord.

Thank You that in looking to Your Word concerning Your presence, I came to Psalm 89. ‘A praise psalm magnifying your rule and righteousness’. In turning to it I again get to be reminded that You ‘created and sustain everything that exists.’ You are incredibly powerful. The perfect place for us to come in our own powerlessness.

In just beginning to read the first verse, I start singing it instead. I will sing of the mercies of the Lord forever I will sing I will sing… And with my mouth will I make know Thy faithfulness… to all generations What a blessing You are Lord. An absolute, genuine blessing.

Because of this fallen world, we can get depressed, distracted. But taking a good, hard look at Psalm 89 we are reminded of the covenant agreement You made with David. We get to read of Your love, Your faithfulness, Your presence, Lord.

And even in doing that Dearest Lord, another song comes to the forefront. Whom have I in heaven, but You? There is nothing on earth I desire besides You. My heart and my strength, many times they fail; But there is one truth that always will prevail! God is the strength of my heart… and my portion forever

Oh, how I thank You for reminding me of the importance of staying in Your presence, Lord!

Back to Psalm 89. “You are entirely faithful” (v.8). ‘You rule the oceans, subdue their storm-tossed waves’ (9).

“The heavens are Yours, and the earth is Yours; everything in the world is Yours – You created it all” (11). “Powerful is Your arm! Strong is Your hand! Your right hand is lifted high in glorious strength. Righteousness and justice are the foundation of Your throne. Unfailing love and truth walk before You as attendants. Happy are those who hear the joyful call to worship, for they will walk in the light of Your presence, Lord” (13-15).

Ah, the light of Your presence, Lord. “They will rejoice all day long in Your wonderful reputation. They exult [show or feel elation] in Your righteousness. You are their glorious strength. It pleases You to make us strong. Yes, our protection comes from the Lord,” (16-18a).

Oh most dear and loving Lord, keep me right here in the light of Your presence. It is You and You only that I long to serve. Keep working in me that I will truly be able to love You with all my heart, soul, mind and strength and my neighbor as myself (Mark 12:30-31). Thank You. I love You Lord. Amen.

(506 words ~ 8:09 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment