Friday, March 11, 2011

taking every thought captive

Friday, March 11, 2011 (7:44 a.m.)

Most Holy God,

I love You. I like when You change the direction of my thinking. Several times in these most recent early morning hours, my mind started going one way and a force much greater than myself [which I absolutely believe to be You J] directed it to another. Thank You Lord.

I wonder if this is what Paul was talking about in his second letter to the people of Corinth when he spoke of the importance of taking every thought captive (2Corinthians 10:5). The Message tells it this way (beginning with verse three). “The world is unprincipled. It’s dog-eat-dog out there! The world doesn’t fight fair.” True all that! “But we don’t live or fight our battles that way – never have and never will.” Thank You God!

“The tools of our trade aren’t for marketing or manipulation, but they are for demolishing that entire massively corrupt culture.” Again we are reminded that it is not our own strength and power that accomplishes Your will. “We use our powerful God-tools for smashing warped philosophies, tearing down barriers erected against the truth of God, fitting every loose thought and emotion and impulse into the structure of life shaped by Christ.”

You did exactly that for me much earlier this morning Lord. While it was still dark outside my mind started wandering to where it didn’t need to go. Without me consciously having to do anything about it, You just encouraged me not to go there. You reminded me that it was not in my best interest to go on in that direction.

Thank You Lord! Thank You that You have ultimate control of my thought patterns. That does not mean that I couldn’t have chosen otherwise. No. Your gift of free will allows us to choose other than Your best. Thank You that on this particular morning I chose You. Your Will. Your Way!

Verse six finishes up this section by declaring, “Our tools are ready at hand for clearing the ground of every obstruction and building lives of obedience into maturity.” Oh most Dear and Holy God, how I ask that this will continue to be the case. Can You just image me obedient and mature? Of course YOU can! How I ask that You will continue providing every single thing I need to be able to practice taking every thought captive. I love You so much Dearest Lord. Thank You. Amen.

(412 words ~ 9:16 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment