Wednesday, March 9, 2011

more than conquerors

Wednesday, March 9, 2011 (6:40 a.m.)

Lord God,

You are amazing! Absolutely, without a doubt, 100% amazing! I woke up ready to whine. I hadn’t even opened my eyes and the things to complain about were already starting. One thought toward You and there was a smile to replace the grimace.

I just love when You do that! Take the “oh poor me” s and put a “Hallelujah! Thank You God” in their place. Thank You Lord.

Just when I was sure Your Word wouldn’t have much to say about the taxes I woke up fretting about, I remembered. You ATE with tax collectors!!! Thank You Lord. You’ve got this! No matter how much I may choose to fret or stew over things I can’t control, the only thing that will change will be my disposition. Going from bad to worse. But by the mere thought of coming to You with something I initially thought was beyond Your interest, my whole attitude changed! Thank You God.

Thank You for bringing me, rather excitedly, into Your presence. And upon arrival here, greeting me with this promise in the form of a calendar given to me by my mom. Thank You God!

Dear One, ‘You can be a conqueror in all things through My love… for neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers… will separate you from My love…’ Your Heavenly Father (Romans 8:37-39)”

I get to choose to believe You or not. You spoke directly to Moses. The Book of Deuteronomy teaches us much of what You taught him. You laid out for Your people the choice between life and death (30:15-20). Oh, that we would indeed choose life! (v.19)

Lord God, how I thank You for Your Word. Thank You for Your Truth and Your promises. Thank You that there is so very much for us to learn and to practice.

Thank You for reminding me that while I indeed may have to pay taxes, NOTHING can separate us from Your love! (Romans 8:35) “No, in all these things [trouble, hardship, persecution, famine, nakedness, danger, sword – taxes J -] we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us” (v. 37).

Oh most dear and bless Lord, thank You! Thank You for coming to earth. Thank You for living. For teaching. For dying. For living again. For rising up. And for promising to come again. Thank You that through You we are more than conquerors. Teach us to live as such. Thank You Lord. I love You. Amen.

(426 words ~ 7:47 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment