Saturday, March 5, 2011

Goody, Goody!

Saturday, March 5, 2011 (7:47 a.m.)

Awesome God,

I love You! I woke humming Goody Goody In checking the words I knew immediately that it’s not something I would sing of You. Even with the ‘hurray and hallelujah’s involved, it just doesn’t represent Your kind of love.

Thank You Lord for another surprise. Another glimpse of grace! Another chance to read of betrayal and giving in to manipulation as an expression of love. And just where am I finding this example in Your Word this morning? In Judges 13-16. The story of Samson and Delilah.

Lord. You are so incredibly awesome. I thought for sure I had been completely off base when I first came to You singing Goody Goody but now I am just so excited [AGOG J] to read more that I can hardly contain myself. Thank You Lord. Thank You.

Under the sidebar section of ‘Weaknesses and Mistakes’ I read that Samson abused the gift of strength You had given him. He was motivated by revenge rather than by righteousness [much like this song!]. He allowed lust to cloud his thinking. And because Delilah valued riches over relationships she betrayed Samson and lied to him.

How little things have changed in so many relationships today. Thank You Lord that we have Your Word to come to. We have examples of such dysfunction dating back all those many years.

Lord, how I thank You for bringing me here this morning. Never would I have guessed that such a catchy little song would lead me to look more deeply into this story of the misuse of power and love. Wow! God. You are good! REALLY good! J

I am reading parts to this story that I have overlooked before. Oh Your goodness Lord! Your great and glorious goodness. Thank You for bringing me to this detailed description of ‘the maturity of a young boy stuffed inside an incredibly strong and gifted adult exterior’. Here we have another example of things not always being what they appear.

And thank You too Lord for this story that doesn’t just end with all its lies and deception. No. Even after all Samson’s faults and failings, when he finally called out asking for Your strength You answered him. In such a grand and glorious way that his name is listed in the Hebrews 11 “Hall of Faith”.

Lord God, how I thank You for the opportunity to be reminded with such detail that YOUR Way is indeed the best Way! The way of this world leads straight to death and destruction. Ah but Your Way Lord is indeed good. Thank You Lord. To this I can wholeheartedly say, “Goody, goody!” I love You. Amen.

(451 words ~ 8:47 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment