Friday, August 20, 2010

swim

Friday, August 20, 2010 (6:56 a.m.)

Amazing God,

Thank You for time to catch up. Still too often I get sidetracked. Other things come along before I am finished with what I am doing at the time. Yesterday the ‘incredible’ time I was having with You was interrupted by an incredibly fun day in the pool with friends and loved ones. Lord, how I thank You for blessing me with this love I have for the water and the deep desire to help others enjoy and be safe around it as well.

Thank You too for the way certain words lead me deeper into Your Word with more information of things I never knew. Bible searching the word ‘water’ I knew I wouldn’t be able to look up all 461 times it was listed. Changing it to ‘swim’ gave me a much more doable five verses to explore. Thank You Lord.

Oh Most Holy God, how I ask You to expand with Your truth my understanding of all I am reading . Don’t let me misinterpret anything toward my own purpose. I read. I get excited. And I am prone to running off half-cocked with what I think I know. Thank You for Your willingness to hold me back long enough to remind me to slow down and take a deep breath.

Four different authors used the depiction of swimming, each in a different context. King David (Psalm 6:6) as a metaphor of his tears at night. Isaiah (25:11) told of Your comfort to those who trust in You and Your punishment to those who ignore You. Ezekiel (47:5) describes a river of healing that will flow throughout Jerusalem, restoring vitality and life to the arid landscape. In Acts 27:42-43, Dr. Luke tells of a centurion who wanted to save Paul from the shipwreck.

Lord, I read of these and I am buoyed by Your great love for each of us through the years. Thank You for Your wisdom, guidance, strength, forgiveness, faithfulness, love...

Thank You that even in the midst of me learning more about what You have to say about swimming, I find the reminding words of another song filled with Your promises. O no, You never let go Through the calm and through the storm O no, You never let go In every high and every low O no, You never let go Lord You never let go of me

Wow! Thank You Lord. I love You. Amen.

(408 words ~ 8:04 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment