Tuesday, August 17, 2010

complaisant

Tuesday, August 17, 2010 (8:22 a.m.)

Blessed Lord,

Thank You that every day with You is brand new. Thank You that even in coming before You I know that I want my heart to be purer. I don’t want to settle for approaching You mechanically. It is far too easy for me to become complacent – smug, self-satisfied. How much more do I wish to be complaisant – agreeable, cooperative, willing to please. That’s a brand new word for me here Lord. Thank You!

Thank You that as I struggle to come before You without my own agenda, I have to dig past the superficial thoughts that keep getting in the way. Worldly songs that have nothing to do with loving and worshiping You keep jumping to the forefront of my mind. Thank You for replacing them with hymns of how great is Your faithfulness.

Lord, my heart and mind are spinning with what I think You are calling me to these days, yet I repeatedly pull back with indecision. I am unable to decide if I should follow what I think is Your lead. Or is it my own guilt that continues to drive these thoughts of an amends I believe You would have me make?

I find myself reading about Zephaniah’s words to the people of the southern kingdom of Judah. They were written ‘to shake the people out of their complacency and to get them back on the path of recovery.’ And in doing so I am prompted to stand and lift up our hands For the joy of the Lord is our strength We bow down and worship Him now How great, how awesome is He And together we sing Everyone sing Holy is the Lord God Almighty The earth is filled with His glory It’s rising all around It’s the anthem of the Lord’s renown And together we sing…

Lord, how I thank You for taking me from a place of complacency to that of one of sheer desire to know and serve You better. You are so good. I love You so much. Please keep working in me to better become the woman You have for me to be. If an amends is necessary, please give me the courage and words needed with which to make it. You keep opening doors in that direction. Don’t let me jump ahead as I am too often known to do.

I long to walk in Your light. Complaisant – willing to please others, obliging, agreeable; all because of who You are and everything You do for each of us. Guide me Lord I pray. Amen.

(438 words ~ 10:00 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment