Monday, August 30, 2010

strength and structure

Monday, August 30, 2010 (8:36 a.m.)

Good Morning Lord,

It’s taken quite awhile for me to turn to You this morning. And even now, I’m not as committed to being here as I want to be. I’m aware of the time and a 10:00 a.m. appointment we have. There’s a song goofing around in my head that I can’t completely get a hold of. And then there’s our plea to You for strength and structure around here.

Yes Lord. We confess to currently being unstructured. And we are in desperate need of Your intervention to not only put us on Your path of order, but to keep us there.

Thank You Lord. As I turned to 1 Corinthians 14:33, “For God is not a God of confusion, but of peace” I saw many aspects of this chapter with fresh eyes. Beginning with the first part of verse one, “Follow the way of love and eagerly desire spiritual gifts”. Yesterday Pastor Ed taught on Dr. Luke’s description of the man with the withered hand whom Jesus commanded to stretch it out (Luke 6:10). We were reminded that we have to stretch out our hands to not only receive Your gifts, but to share them as well.

Lord, we long to be cheerful givers around here (2Corinthians 9:7). Not only with our finances and material wealth, but with our time and talents as well. And what do we need to make that happen? Your strength and Your structure!

My dear husband prayed those very words to You yesterday morning and I am here today echoing them. Lord, we love You. We trust You and we long to serve You. Well. Provide us with Your strength and Your structure that we may indeed follow Your way of love. We love You so much. Thank You. Amen.

(304 words ~ 9:12 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment