Wednesday, August 18, 2010

smiling

Wednesday, August 18, 2010 (7:44 a.m.)

Holy Father,

Blessed Lord. Thank You. I’m smiling! A big, huge, full-faced smile! Why? Because of the clearest, bluest sky I have seen in a while. Thank You Lord. It’s beautiful. You’re beautiful. Life is beautiful. Why is it that I so easily forget that?

Thank You for a blue sky reminder this morning Lord. One casual look out the window and I started humming. I wasn’t even sure what song it was until one by one the words started coming Blue skies Smiling at me Nothing but blue skies Do I see

What a blessing Lord! One look, huge puffy white clouds and a gasp all translated to “Thank You God. Thank You, thank You God!”

I found only three verses in Your Word using the word ‘smiling’ and all of those are in The Message. Genesis 33:10, Psalm 44:1 and Jeremiah 12:5. Again I am reminded Lord that Your people in the Bible were not always smiling. Many of them lied, deceived and cheated their own families. Jeremiah even questioned Your justice.

Reading the footnotes in The Life Recovery Bible again I am smiling. “As difficult as it is to be patient, God’s truth and righteousness do prevail – always.” Ah, Father! What a glorious reason to rejoice and smile.

Thank You for reminding me once again of Your goodness and Your grace. I love You. Blue skies Smiling at me… Thank You. Amen.

(242 words ~ 8:47 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment