Monday, August 16, 2010

mistakes/blessings

Monday, August 16, 2010 (7:06 a.m.)

Most Holy God,

How I thank You for the opportunity to make mistakes and to learn from them. I confess I prefer not making them at all. But since I do, thank You that I am reminded in Your Word (James 3:2) “We all make mistakes. But those who control their tongues can also control themselves in every other way.”

Wow! What a thought. Controlling myself in every other way. Isn’t that how I have been feeling lately? Out of control. Sometimes a little fearful. Ashamed of the mistakes I’ve made. Wondering how to correct them.

Hmm, Lord, how I thank You that nothing is impossible with You (Luke 1:37). You are good. You are holy. You are able. And I am blessed just by knowing You and loving You.

Lord, THANK YOU! Thank You that in the middle of the very early morning hours, I awoke singing Hosanna! Ho-sanna. You are the God who saves us Worthy of all our praises Several hours later I found myself humming Hallelujah Jesus Lord, I am so blessed to not have to stay in negative thoughts of mistakes (whether big or small). I get to bring them to You!

2Corinthians 9:8, “And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.”

A section in The Bible Handbook describes Paul reminding the Corinthians of the benefits of generosity, “One basic principle is revealed throughout nature: one reaps only what he sows (9:6). God is totally able to meet the needs of every believer, freeing Christians to ‘abound in every good work’.”

Thank You Lord for showing me through this excerpt that if I continue sowing seeds of discontent about blunders that I’ve made, I will keep reaping their reminders. There are far too many blessings that You have provided for me to stay stuck in the rut of unforgiveness toward myself. I am human. “We all make mistakes.” Thank You for loving me through them. And how I humbly ask You Lord to keep working in me that I can love me too.

I love You so much! Thank You. Amen.

(375 words ~ 8:32 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment