Saturday, August 28, 2010

♫Love Will Keep Us Together♫

Saturday, August 28, 2010 (7:36 a.m.)

Blessed Lord,

There’s some kind of folk song, possibly TV commercial, in my head. But You know what? It just got replaced with Love Will Keep Us Together and I have to admit to much preferring that!

Thank You Lord! I am confessing to behaving somewhat ‘brat-ish’ lately. Not necessarily stomping my foot brat-like, but DEFINITELY game playing aloofness. You know the whole “my feelings got hurt so I will make you pay” type of playing hard to get. Oh Lord. It even looks worse all spelled out than it did in my head!

But what is so incredibly cool with You is when I realize that it’s You and Your love that will absolutely keep me together!

Lord God, I confess to dabbling with bitterness and resentment yesterday. I honestly thought it was something I could play around with to make some kind of far reaching point. NOT! All it did was make me feel even more bitter and resentful.

This morning while I was attempting to track the folk song, I was also rehearsing my ‘rights’ to still cling to that which I bitterly resented. And then You came along singing Your song about me stopping ‘cause You really love me. Stop, You’ll be thinking of me And I should look in Your heart and let love keep us together Forever

Oh Your goodness Lord! The lightness that has taken over my heart just from again realizing that I can trust You with EVERY single aspect of my being. You are so incredibly good. And You love us so very much. Forgive my momentary lapse into bitter game playing. Thank You for repeatedly calling me to Look in Your heart and let love keep us together

Thank You Lord. Thank You. Help me live this day in and through Your love. The only love that will truly keep us together. I love You so much Dearest Lord. Thank You. Amen.

(330 words ~ 8:40 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment