Friday, August 6, 2010

letting go

Friday, August 6, 2010 (6:45 a.m.)

Blessed Lord,

How I thank You for the surprises that are already taking place with my plans for the day. Thank You that Oh no You never let go was the song with which I awoke this morning and letting go is the perfect way for me to approach change.

Thank You Lord that I still have the vivid image of me falling into the pool the other week. Because I didn’t even think to let go upon the collapse of the telescopic pole on which I was leaning, into the water I went. As much fun as we ultimately had when the rest of the family jumped in and joined me for a late evening swim, how odd it seemed the next day when I realized it all could have been avoided by my simply letting go.

Lord, how I thank You for the things You are doing in us and through us. You are rearranging our priorities. You are helping us see the things that are truly important and teaching us to let go of the rest.

Letting go is not something that comes naturally to me. I tend to hold on tight. See mention above of a pole on which I leaned my full weight that proved to be fallible. Thank You Lord that You are infallible. Trustworthy. Perfect.

Lord, I ask You to guide and direct my heart, my soul, my mind and my strength today. The plans I had have all been changed. Provide all I need to approach this day with You at the helm, wholeheartedly following You and letting go of anything that would trip me up. Let me run with endurance the race that You have set before me (Hebrews 12:1b). Letting go of everything else.

I love You so much Dear Lord. Thank You for Your blessings. Oh no, You never let go Through the calm and through the storm Oh no, You never let go In every high and every low Oh no, You never let go Lord, You never let go of me Thank You. Amen.

(352 words ~ 8:16 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment