Tuesday, August 3, 2010

calm

Tuesday, August 3, 2010 (7:00 a.m.)

Blessed Lord,

THANK YOU! Thank You that my first instinct upon awakening this morning was to start singing praises to You. First came Hosanna. Ho-sa-a-a-a-na You are the God who saves us Worthy of all our praises And just now as I started to sit down was You are the everlasting God The everlasting God You do not faint You won’t grow weary

Lord God, how I thank You that yesterday right in the midst of the health scare of a much loved one, my very first thought was to stay calm and take my Bible with us as we got ready to drive over to the emergency room in Loma Linda. I thought it odd even then that I couldn’t think of what clothes to put on. Now I link that indecision with Matthew 6:25-34 and being reminded not to worry about food, drink or clothes.

Lord, I sit here reading Your Word, feeling buoyed by Your presence and I am so eternally grateful for the way You have been working in our lives. You are such a good and gracious God. You DO provide our every need. I am so grateful for Your very presence right here in us.

Lord, thank You for the privilege to come before You with songs of praise and prayers for healing. As I sit here reading verses that mention ‘calm’ my heart and mind and soul continue repeating the musical strain Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord We will wait upon the Lord We will wait upon the Lord

And right here in the midst of the calm Lord, I confess to You a deep underlying truth that even though I know You are good and I can even feel Your presence calming me, there is a tiny fear trying to take root. “What if…” this or that? Lord, I choose You! Your Word, Your promises, Your goodness, Your grace, Your mercy. Thank You that You truly are Our God, who reigns forever Our hope, our Strong Deliverer You are the everlasting God The everlasting God You do not faint You won’t grow weary You’re the defender of the weak You comfort those in need You lift us up on wings like eagles

Defender of the weak, Comforter of those in need, thank You for the hope You provide. Reading in Zephaniah this morning, it says the people of Judah were in need of some major changes and that the purpose of this book was ‘to shake the people out of their complacency and get them back on the path of recovery’. Lord, how I ask that this most recent familial health scare does exactly that!

“For the Lord your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With His love, He will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song.” (Zephaniah 3:17) I look to You to calm all my fears Dearest Lord.

Jesus, Your disciples experienced fear while in a boat with You in a storm (Matthew 8:23-27; Mark 4:35-41; Luke 8:22-25). They woke You up, asked for Your help, You spoke to the wind ‘and everything was calm’. Right now Lord, we are dealing with a much loved one’s health issue and we are seeking Your help. How I ask You would calm this storm for us. You are so good dear Lord and we love, thank and praise You. Amen.

(587 words ~ 8:39 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment