Thursday, August 26, 2010

obstinate

Thursday, August 26, 2010 (7:52 a.m.)

Loving Lord,

Thank You that as many things that I put before coming to You, You are still here when I finally concede. Forgive me Father for all the thoughts and mindless activities that I try to use to substitute the time that I really, truly want to spend with You. I’m not sure what the root of my obstinate behavior toward You is lately, but I do know that it doesn’t seem to be going away on its own. So, here I am Lord. Confessing to being much like Your chosen people of Israel, “stubborn and obstinate” (Isaiah 48 :4).

Mm, Lord. Thank You that I get to be this honest with You. I try in my own strength and power to make my feelings of apathy go away with no success. I confess myself to You and You meet me again right where I am. Thank You Lord. Thank You so incredibly much.

The 48th chapter of Isaiah tells of Your people having been foretold of future judgments, yet they remain stiff-necked and hardheaded. Is there any doubt why I can relate here?

I take You for granted Lord. I don’t mean to. I’m embarrassed to even admit it. But the truth is, I do. I trust that You will always love me. No matter how badly I behave toward You. I read Your words about saving me for Your own sake (vs. 9,11) and I take a very careless, unenthusiastic approach to even the thought of Your unending grace.

Forgive me Lord. You deserve all of my worship and praise. NOT whatever is leftover at the end of the day. Help me Lord. Get me out of Your way of the things that You want to do in and through me. I DO love You so very much. Help me once again to truly be agog with You.

Thank You Lord for yet another opportunity to be honest with and to learn from You. I love You so much. Amen.

(340 words ~ 8:41 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment