Saturday, August 7, 2010

rather

Saturday, August 7, 2010 (8:45 a.m.)

Loving Lord,

Thank You! I’ve been avoiding You for over an hour already just because I thought I wanted to grumble, growl and gripe. Thank You for opening me up enough to finally be able to see that I’d really rather grin.

Every single moment You give us the choice of where to place our focus. Too often I take what seems to come so easy and natural for me, all things negative. Thank You Lord that You are not put off by my reluctance to praise You. Thank You for every single time I choose life (grins) over death (gripes).

Lord, You keep working in me. I confess to being a real slow study. But I know by the truth of Your Word, that slow and steady WILL win the race!

And would You just look at this! Originally I had turned to Psalm 147:11, “Rather, the Lord’s delight is in those who honor Him, those who put their hope in His unfailing love.” Looking up in the preceding verses I read again of the importance of praising and thanking You.

Thank You Lord for the time stalling it took for me to once again come to my senses and realize that I would MUCH rather grin than grumble. You provide us with such blessings. We are each so loved. Your promises are real. Keep working in me Oh Lord, that I would not continue allowing circumstances and tones of voices to snuff out the joy You have for each of us everyday.

You are good. Mighty. Powerful. Loving. Awesome. Wonderful. And I am grateful. Thank You Lord. Amen.

(276 words ~ 9:25 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment