Saturday, July 31, 2010

cocoon

Saturday, July 31, 2010 (6:41 a.m.)

Blessed Lord,

What do You have to say to me this morning? Last night I thought of the word ‘cocoon’ and was sure we’d go somewhere with that today. Finding only one entry (Job 27:18) I then turned to ‘butterfly’. This resulted in less than that.

My next choice was ‘nature’. Followed by ‘moth’. Both of these yielded many options. So here I am, once again, asking what would YOU like me to know today?

Lord God, how I thank You for the time to sit and listen. To rest. Ponder. Wonder. And to come full circle back to where we started.

I’ve been thinking a lot these days Lord. There are times that I’ve been so very sure that I was on the right track only to come away somewhat disillusioned. Other occasions find me not willing to invest much of myself while attempting to stave off disappointment, hence the ‘cocoon’ reference.

But as I continue coming to You I gain a better understanding that it’s not up to me to try and protect myself. I don’t have to find the right people to trust and keep me safe. I need only to follow You. You, the Creator of the Universe! You, the Maker of heaven and earth. The Maker of all things.

Today Lord, I will think of You! You, who made us all. You, who I love, trust and adore. You, on whom I depend. I do not need to wrap myself in a cocoon of protection. I have You for that. You will continue guiding and protecting me. I have Your Word on it!

You will continue guiding and directing Your people toward righteousness. I will keep trying to stay up. When I falter (as we both know I will) You will be here to help me. Thank You for the peace I have in knowing this. You ARE my God, my Father, my hope, my help… And I am grateful. Thank You for all You are, all You do, all You have provided. Keep teaching me, Dearest Lord, that all I need I will find nowhere else than in You.

Thank You Lord. I love You. Amen.

(368 words ~ 8:23 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment