Thursday, July 15, 2010

home again

Thursday, July 15, 2010 (9:16 a.m.)

Blessed Lord,

Thank You! Thank You for a safe trip. Thank You for loving communications. Thank You for time to be together. And right now, thank You for being home again!

Lord, You are so very good to us. We saw so many beautiful areas. We learned to speak with each other just a little more kindly. Oh! A-N-D I got to see my very first lightning bugs! The stars were phenomenal. The camaraderie more than I could have asked for. But it’s still so nice to be home again.

Lord God, how I ask that we would take the memories we have of the challenges, the precious thoughts of the laughter and fun and use them for Your good. Our son leading us to places we never would have considered going before. The Kid ever eager to be of help. Lord, let these be the things we build upon now that we are home again.

I read in Your Word (1 Kings 12) of people (King Rehoboam, Solomon’s son) unwilling to heed the advice of elders (v.8). Lord, how I ask that You would continue Your work in each of us. Broaden our horizons as You have done these past two weeks. Show us the things You would have us pay special attention to. Keep us moving ever closer to You and the people You would have us be. You are such a good and truly loving God. Make us more like You. Whether we are away or as now, safely home again.

I love You so much Dear Lord. I thank You. Amen.

(271 words ~ 10:24 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment