Friday, July 16, 2010

confused

Friday, July 16, 2010 (8:52 a.m.)

Blessed Lord,

I confess to being more than a little confused by the dates and days of the week. Just by admitting that to You, I find myself once again searching Your Word for what You might like to tell me today. Lord God, how I thank You for all You are and do for (and with and through) us on any given day, at any given time.

I don’t pretend to have any great or profound thoughts this morning. Truly I am here before You seeking my reentry to everyday, being back home living. Lord God, how I thank You for the time we had away. Time to play and learn and see and do. Now I have to get back in the habit of everyday life and I confess I don’t even know where or how to begin.

Lord thank You that I get to come before You with even the slightest misgivings about not wanting to waste another moment of another day. I want to progress in the process of coming home and I truly don’t even know where or how to begin. That is why I’m sitting here with You. Thanking You, praising You, waiting on You to guide and direct me. Lord, I ask that You would lift this veil of confusion behind which I stand ready and willing to get started. I don’t want to just rush off all willy-nilly without guidance or direction. Nor do I wish to just sit here mindlessly waiting for the proverbial spirit to move me. I’m looking to You Lord. Searching, seeking, asking, knocking, waiting… Waiting, but not wanting to waste! Not time, energy, or resources. Guide and direct me into action I pray Dear Lord. Action that will glorify and honor You this day.

I love You so much Dear Lord. Thank You that even on those days that I am confused about the date or what You would have me do next, You never are! You are ‘NOT a God of confusion but of peace’ (1 Corinthians 14:33). Thank You Lord. I love You. Amen.

(355 words ~ 10:02 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment