Thursday, July 15, 2010

generating joy

Sunday, July 4, 2010 (9:22 a.m.)

16991 8th St. Sunset Beach, CA

Blessed Lord,

It’s a perfect day to turn the page and become intentional about JOY! Thank You Lord. Thank You that we get to live in a country known for its freedom. Thank You that all the blessings and goodness we have received as a nation (and individually) come from You. You are so very good to us.

Lord, thank You for not only the smile that is on my face ~ but even more for the one that is deep in my heart as I hear a near four year old giggle and pretend with her nine year old big brother. What true JOY is found in the innocence and imaginations of these two. Absolute, genuine joy! Thank You Lord.

Thank You for the inspiration to begin this three-month experiment of lowering my bad (LDL) cholesterol level by generating and celebrating the joy that constantly surrounds us. For so very long I have been completely blocked from a joy journey of any kind. Responsibilities, many that were not even mine, have kept me stewing in a vat of pressurized stress. Thank You ESPECIALLY on this particular (INDEPENDENCE) day for once again freeing me to JOY! It truly IS everywhere! How I ask that You would make me intentional and mindful in my pursuit. I love You Lord. Thank You. Amen.

(233 words ~ 10:21 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment