Friday, July 30, 2010

Blessed

Wednesday, July 28, 2010 (6:40 a.m.)

Blessed Be Your Name

In the land that is plentiful Where Your streams of abundance flow Blessed be Your name… Blessed be Your name On the road marked with suffering Though there’s pain in the offering Blessed be Your name… You give and take away You give and take away My heart will choose to say, “Lord, blessed be Your name”

Oh yes Dearest Lord! What an AWESOME opportunity ~ to learn to bless and not curse You no matter the circumstances. Lord, THANK YOU! Thank You that You are good. You are holy. Thank You for yet another opportunity to wake up singing to You and being grateful. You are such a loving God. You provide our every need ~ so many time before we even know we have need of it.

Just by looking into the ‘blessed’ I am getting a course on not worrying

Thursday, July 29

Better Is One Day…

Friday, July 30, 2010 (6:26 a.m.)

Yes Lord!

Better IS one day in Your courts Better is one day in Your house Better is one day in Your courts than thousands elsewhere

Blessed Lord God, how very grateful I am to be able to come before You day after day. I get to learn. I get to practice. I get to praise. All because You so loved the world! Thank You Lord!

Thank You that just in these short spurts of time I’ve had with You these last few mornings, I’ve gotten to go away blessed. Refreshed. Not knowing what I thought I had known. Thank You that You don’t hesitate to bless. You, by Your very nature, are kind, loving, just, righteous. There is no manipulating You into what we could ever think we wanted You to be. You just are You. Ever faithful. Never changing. Patient. Waiting for us to get with Your program.

Thank You Lord that some days it is way more obvious and easier to detect just what Your program is. A program of love! Us being loved by You and then in kind us loving others. It’s a good plan Lord. Thank You that sometimes it even comes to us as practically second nature.

Perhaps it IS in the times of struggle (When I’m found in the desert place Though I walk through the wilderness) that we are forced to depend even more on You than When the sun’s shining down on me When the world’s ‘all as it should be’

Lord, thank You that You don’t consider us willful, disobedient children and just give up on us. No. You continue standing at the doors of our hearts (Revelation 3:20) knocking until we hear and open the door.

Lord, You’ve blessed me this week with such unexpected favor. A successful day of childcare, extra time with our son, my surprised fall into the pool. Blessings each. Thank You Lord. I keep getting to come back before You saying, “Thank You” ~ another blessing in itself.

Finally ~ there is the song upon awakening yesterday morning. Better is one day in Your courts… Turning to Psalm 84 to look up verse ten, I think it’s the first time I put together that the praise of this tune begins with verse one. How lovely is Your dwelling place Oh Lord Almighty!

Just as I begin to believe that all of this is more than enough, I continue reading and find “Blessed are those who dwell in Your house; they are ever praising You” (v.4). “Blessed are those whose strength is in You, who have set their hearts on pilgrimage” (5).

As is always the case with You Dearest Lord ~ “But WAIT! There’s more!” Verse twelve, the last of this particular psalm, “O Lord Almighty, blessed is the man who trusts in You.”

Sign me up to continue learning trust in You Oh Lord. It truly IS the way I long to live my life! Because Blessed be Your name…

Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(670 words ~ 7:27 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment