Thursday, July 15, 2010

teamwork

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Bonita Lava Flow Campsite #27

Sunset Crater National Monument

Blessed Lord,

Thank You!! Thank You for teamwork and an overall spirit of working together. All of us are working together for the common good of moving on toward the next campground and adventure.

Lord, THANK YOU for the opportunity to experience such beauty in the stark contrast of the black lava flow surrounding the west side of Sunset Crater. What an amazing opportunity You have provided us Lord!

Thank You for the chance to get so ‘lost’ in moving forward toward the goal of seeing and experiencing more that I momentarily had the sensation of what it would be like to actually be lost. Thank You Lord that immediately following that first gasp of realizing that I wasn’t at all sure where I was, I thought to PRAY and not be afraid. Even as I took stock of the situation and continued moving in what I thought was the right direction, I remembered to keep asking for Your guidance.

Lord God, how I thank You for the presence of mind to wonder what a “Survivor” contestant would do. Thank You for every single time I intentionally sought to ‘find JOY in the desert’ yesterday. How very much better it was for me to actually seek the letter J (followed by O, then Y) on billboards or license plates than to focus on a sarcastic tone spoken in frustration because of a six hour car ride.

Lord, thank You for teaching me that I CAN change the way I look at things! Feeling extremely cold in the early morning hours I am so thankful to have remembered that ‘real’ Survivor contestants aren’t given sleeping bags, tents, tarps, water, fire… and the next thing I knew, I was grateful!

How incredible it is to be able to watch an interaction between three males packing up the van and choose to walk even further away (rather than futilely attempt to referee) and continue my time together with You.

What an awesome, amazing God You are! Thank You Lord. Thank You for continuing to teach me to make ‘healthier choices’ ~ physically, emotionally, spiritually and mentally. It is so incredibly awesome to truly “Be still and KNOW that You are God”! You are so good! So perfect. So wonderful. And I am so grateful that we are a part of YOUR team. Thank You God. I love You. Amen.

(409 words ~ 9:16 a.m. Flagstaff, AZ)

No comments:

Post a Comment