Saturday, July 3, 2010

wake up!

Saturday, July 3, 2010 (4:30 a.m.)

Great is Your Faithfulness

What a wonderful way to wake up. Mm, Lord. Isn’t that indeed what You would have me do? Wake up! I get to sit here before the sun has even come up. Wrapped in a blanket with both Your Word and a book about glimpsing Jesus in our everyday life sitting next to me.

Lord, how I love You! An hour ago I bargained with You for twenty more minutes of sleep. When that time was clearly up, I was not ready to be. Thank You Lord that You would not be held at bay. Thank You that the tune and first verse to Unchanging kept singing in my head.

Happily getting up, coming here and searching for the correct song [which is NOT to be confused with Great is THY Faithfulness J] still I am singing You never change You never fail, O God

Turning to the Book of Revelation, I once again fear misinterpretation of it. As I read John’s words to the church of Sardis (3:1-6 entitled here as The Lifeless Church) I ask You to provide exactly what You would have me take with me throughout this day.

Still singing about Your promises being true and Your love and grace being wide, I am grateful to You Lord. You meet our every need. You hold our hearts and our hands as You call us to turn to You and trust.

John was told to write to the leader of this particular church to tell them that even though they had the reputation as a live and active church, they were really dead. They needed to wake up! And strengthen what little remained – for even what was left was at the point of death. Their deeds were far from right in the sight of God. (v.2)

Lord how I thank You for Your wake up calls! You are so very good to us. As I get ready to go through more than just the motions of preparing to celebrate our nation’s independence, I ask that You would be our Leader in all of our interactions. Great IS Your faithfulness! You never change You never fail, O God So we raise up holy hands To praise the Holy One Who was and is and is to come…

Thank You Lord for being all that You are and doing all that You do. May I please be a whole lot more like You this day. I love You so much. Thank You. Amen.

(425 words ~ 5:55 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment