Monday, July 26, 2010

"Again, again!"

Sunday, July 25, 2010 (8:00ish a.m.)

Loving Lord,

Thank You. How long has it been since I’ve heard a child having so much fun in the water that their plea to me has been, “Again, again!” That is EXACTLY my cry to You this day.

Lord, yesterday was so blissful. Easy. Loving. Friends and family coming together to enjoy one another’s company, partake in an easily put together meal and celebrate another loved one’s birthday.

Truly Lord, we each seemed to practice 2Corinthians 9:7. Throughout the day, in one way or another ‘Each one gave as he had decided in his heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.’

And ‘just-like-that’ ~ I wasn’t even finished looking up the verse ~ my face is beaming and my heart and soul both screaming in delight, “Again, again!”

Lord, Your love and provision know no bounds. As I barely begin to contemplate what it even is to be a cheerful giver, volumes have already been written on the subject of giving. Lord, I desperately want to become a cheerful giver! I read Your Word and am awed by the description of my own feelings here in Chapter 8, under the title “A Call to Generous Giving”. Lord, I long to be a generous, cheerful giver! At times I even start out strong and fizzle by the end. Even this is addressed in verse 11.

Lord God, how I thank You for the work You are doing in making me a good steward. I confess to You I absolutely don’t know how not to cling so tightly to resources. Fear takes hold. “I might need (want) this someday” becomes my mindset. You have such a perfect way of changing hearts and minds. Even this is spelled out for us in 2Corinthians 9:8, “And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.”

To all of this Lord I can only add my own heartfelt plea of, “Again, again!” I love You Lord. Thank You. Amen.

(359 words ~ 9:00 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment